beautiful card

Make New Friends

9:00 AM

When I was a child I was active in Brownies and Girl Scouts. We sang a song that I have never forgotten, you probably know it too. "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold."  Well my card for the first day of June shows our sweet Miss Lilly doing just that, "making new friends" with Toby the lizard
This is my absolute favorite digi image that Olga has designed, I love how beautiful Lilly looks laying on the ground surrounded by lovely flowers.  I colored the image with Copic sketch markers and then fussy cut it out adhering it to My Mind's Eye "Meadow" paper. I used two Amy Tangerine clouds tucking one just under a wood veneer sun. The wood veneer is colored by blending Mr. Huey's color mist in Sherbet and Taxi, I then added gold stickles to the rays to give it some extra sparkle. I also added stickles to the centers of the flowers as well.  The sentiment is an Amy Tangerine fabric sticker from American Crafts.

 One tip to make an image appear more realistic is to outline it with Copic markers in gray tones. Here I used C1 and C3 which gives depth by adding a shadow effect to the image. I do this after I adhered the image to the background paper.  I outlined the bottom of the clouds too. June is a new month and a new beginning so why don't we follow Lilly's lead and look for adventure in the sunshine, you never know who you might meet!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I have fallen in love with all the Miss Lily stamps perhaps because my name is Lili! today's pic takes the cake...it is me 40 years ago (ok maybe more!!) I used to love to lay in the grass, making friends with the frogs in the pond we had near our country house and yes I can hear my mom scolding me for dirtying my pretty new dress!! WOW! all those memories in one little stamp. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love these stamps ! <3 Thanks to all the design team for sharing their amazing talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for your kind comments, this particular image really brings to live the innocence of being a care free child. Take care, Sybil

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable card! It is warm and really reminds me of a childhood=))) Love it, Sybil=)) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Olga, your kind comment made me smile. Thank you for creating this darling image, reminds me of when I was a child. Blessings, Sybil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only love your card here Sybil, but your words as well.
    Great colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend, I love to color and I love to write. :)

      Delete

Little Blue Button Stamps 2013-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Follow on Bloglovin