altered paper bag

Gorgeous projects from guest designer Christy

9:30 AM

Hello friends! It is July finally! This month is a middle of the summer and it seems to be the hottest month=)
Today we would love to introduce you our guest designer Christy! She made just stunning projects using our stamps!


"Hi my name is Christy!  I am so super excited to be asked to be a guest designer…Thanks Olga!!  Here is a bit about me   I am the mother of twin boys who will be Seniors in High School this year.  I work outside the home and Manage a department for my local County Clerk’s office.  My relaxation and down time is spent crafting!  
My crafty journey began in 1995 after my twins were born and I decided to begin scrapbooking.  A friend invited me to a stamping party and I began stamping and card making in 2000.  The past few years I have been doing more altered art, mini albums and jewelry making.  I really enjoy sharing my crafty adventures on YouTube, you may know me as twinz4me2.  I wish you all happy crafting and enjoy creating as much as possible!!


CARD #1
I used this cutie patootie Miss Lilly on the bike image to make a standard A2 sized card (4 ¼ x 5 ½ “).  I rounded the top corners of the card base and base paper layer with my ½” Corner Chomper.
I started by coloring the printed image with my Copic markers.   
I trimmed the image down and added Crystal Stickles to her hair bows, flowers, and bike.  The pattern paper used is from My Mind’s Eye.  I used an EK Success punch to add a decorative border to one of the paper layers.  I matted the stamped image onto some patterned paper and used some dimensional adhesive to pop her up a bit.  I also tied a bow with some white satin ribbon and added a stamped “Hi” sentiment on a tag right below the bow.  To finish the card off I punched out several butterflies using a Martha Stewart punch and adhered them to the card.
I hope you enjoy!!



Altered Paper Bag 
I started with a vintage themed paper bag.  I layered on patterned paper from Simple Stories ‘Fabulous’ 6x6 paper pad.  I used a Martha Stewart deep edge punch to add a decorative edge to the base layer of patterned paper, then added two more strips of paper to the punched piece.
The image Rag Doll Sweetheart in boots was colored with Copics, trimmed and popped up using dimensional adhesive.  I scrounged around in my flower stash and found some old Prima flowers to put around my stamped image.  For the flower centers I used rhinestone bling and some old Stampin’ Up corduroy brads.
The sentiment was stamped on some of the patterned paper from the collection.  I hand cut the banner shape and adhered it to the bag and added some twine to the end. 



I added a Tim Holtz clip to the top of the bag as a closure.  I added a piece of striped ribbon to the clip."



Aren't these projects amazing? Coloring is stunning! Christy is super talented lady and we're happy to have her as our guest designer!
Go ahead and visit Christy's channel twinz4me2.  to see her amazing projects!



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Christy you did a beautiful job on both projects! Your coloring, the way you layered the flowers is so fantastic!!
    Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Sybil

    ReplyDelete

Little Blue Button Stamps 2013-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Follow on Bloglovin