Asian themed card

Miss Lilly Sakura

4:00 AM

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you my new project featuring the beautiful new release "Miss Lilly Sakura". I received a nice sturdy journal from a friend and thought it would be the perfect project to alter.
 Using Wonder tape (aka red liner tape) I adhered black cardstock that I had traced and cut to the journal cover, as  well as Prima washi tape to cover the spine.  I colored the image with Copic markers and added small "pearl" bling to the flowers and kimono. I then covered the edges of my image with washi tape to make an instant and easy frame. Covering the image with a beautiful transparency  not only matched the poppy red in the kimono but protects the image from natural wear and tear from using the journal. Lastly I layered  Petaloo flowers to which I used acrylic flowers as centers and for an extra sweet touch added a little heart. I hope you like my altered journal.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. awesome Sybil. This is one of my favourite images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dawn, I really enjoy the beauty of this sweet image!

      Delete
  2. Just gorgeous! Love it!

    ((Hugs)) -Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is gorgeous and I love the way you colored her hair! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment! I appreciate it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, you are so kind, your kind words make me smile. Have a wonderful day and I'm so happy your tried out for the DT, best wishes to you! :)

      Delete
  4. Really gorgeous xxx


    Hugs Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, you are always such a delightful encouragement to everyone! Hugs~

      Delete
  5. Beautiful as always my friend.
    I love the idea of covering your gorgeous coloured image with a clear transparency to protect her.
    I love your colouring, the colours you used and that sweet little heart.
    Beautifully done

    ReplyDelete

Little Blue Button Stamps 2013-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Follow on Bloglovin