Eris stamp

A Treat Envelope

12:00 AM

Today is my blog post day and I decided to make a treat envelope that is the latest craze on Youtube.  The first tutorial I saw used the envelopes from the corrugated cards that you buy at Micheal's.  It seems that sometimes when we get our cards made they are too bulky to fit into the envelopes so we have a lot of them left over.  This is a great way to use them up.  They are so fun and easy to make.  I actually used a large envelope that fits a 5 X 7 card to make this.  You take your envelope and at the bottom of it you score it up one inch on both sides.   You then fold on the score lines and then on each side you fold to form a triangle and hot glue it to the bottom which will then form a very nice base for your treat bag.

I used some polka dot patterned paper form My Minds Eye Christmas paper stack to cover the front of the envelope.  I then used a piece of braided trim all around the top edge of the envelope.  I hot glued it on folding it over as I went so you could see it on both sides.  I also added a strip to either side of the envelope.  I add a piece of DCWV patterned paper to the back of the envelope that looked like faux leather.  I decided to use the adorable Eris "Cup of Hot Chocolate" digital stamp.  I thought it would be perfect because I could add some cocoa packets to my treat.  I colored the image in with my Copic markers and will list them below the photo of the colored image.  I inked around my colored image with Memento London Fog ink.   I created a flower out of some beautiful crochet lace by gathering it up with a needle and thread.  I then added a latex flower to the center of the crochet flower and was able to form the petals and leaves how I wanted them.  I hot glued the flower to the left hand side of the treat bag.  I used a Memory box die called "Victorian Frames" to cut out a piece of patterned paper and place it in the center of the envelope and then placed the colored image on top of that.  Thanks for looking and I hope you are inspired to create your own treat bag out of an envelope.  You can do this same thing with any size envelope.


Copic colors:
Hair: C7 and Flex promarker in black
Skin: Dusty pink and Satin promaker
Dragon: C7
Cup: B93 and B95
Jacket: G45, YG97
Crowns: Gold metallic sharpie marker

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Little Blue Button Stamps 2013-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Follow on Bloglovin