fall digital stamp

Cloudy Day

6:00 AM

For my card today I used the new "Miss Lilly with Umbrella" digi stamp. She is super cute,and I chose to create a simple scene card.  I used a gray sheet of the Simple Stories Urban Traveler paper for the background, this sheet was perfect as it had a stormy appearance to it. I cut 2 pieces of vellum and white card stock using the Poppy Stamps cloud die, shaded them with black soot distress ink and then layered them with the vellum on top. These were popped up on dimensional foam after I place the sentiment "let your smile be your umbrella" on the large cloud. The raindrops were made using white liquid applique.  I did a similar procedure with The Greeting Farm fence die by cutting out three fences in vellum, black and lastly white for the top layer. Using this method you get the appearance of gray cast shadows that comes from a dark, stormy day. Lastly I popped Miss Lilly onto the card using more dimensional squares. Even though this scene card is basic I think it's one of my favorite that I've made to date!

I colored the image with Copic markers from the YR and Y family for her yellow rain slicker. The colors C0, C1, C9 for the boots and BG colors for the eyes and umbrella. I think this little cutie will brighten even the dreariest of days!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. this is amazing Sybil! Love your colouring - it is just amazing=))) tfs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you Olga, I had a lot of fun coloring this darling image. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Little Blue Button Stamps 2013-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Follow on Bloglovin