Jo

Hello My Friend!!

8:53 AM


Hi crafty friends!
 It's ♥ Jo here today and I have a very sweet card to share with you using the beautiful Miss Lilly Mermaid Stamp . I absolutely love this digi stamp so much because I have a strong love for mermaids!! And this time of the year here in the U.S.A. it is summertime and I live at the beach! SO combine that altogether and it is no surprise that I just had to color this beauty up!


Here is the card I made



   My sweet mermaid was printed out on some GP cardstock and I colored her in using my Prisma colored pencils and added a hint of mineral spirits to blend. I knew that I wanted to give her a fun blue ombre hair color, so I chose 3 shades of blue and went from light to dark. Once I had hair skin and hair colored, I sat there looking at her and decided that I loved the look of the multi-color so then a light bulb went off and that is when I knew I wanted to make a rainbow color scheme. Since I started with the blue, I just worked my way down the rest of her body and tail changing out the different colors. When I ended up at her tail, I just took each color that I used and made a line of each color to complete the rainbow. I must say I love it! I added in some green eyes well because I have those color eyes and I guess in another life I want to believe that I was a mermaid!!! LOL 


So I decided to add in some details with my white uniball signo pen and my black pilot envelope address pen. I added black in her eyes and also created a necklace and ring for her. Then with the white pen, I gave her some pearl bracelets and added in some squiggly lines on her top and throughout her tail. It gives just enough highlight. Then I added in shimmer of course! Used my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen and I cannot live without that pen! I use it on everything!!! But just look at her! She is a shimmery rainbow of yumminess!!!! :) And then I added in some clear bubbles to her starfish barrette and the middle of her top. 

I fussy cut her out and popped her up on dimensional adhesive to a white debossed piece of cardstock. To that same layer, I added a bit of color to the top and bottom in cracked pistachio and salty ocean oxide distress inks. The sentiment was stamped in archival black ink and I wanted to emphasize the word "Friend" because the person receiving this card is very special to me, so I inked that portion of the stamp up in the cracked pistachio and salty ocean inks. I then added the dot for the "i" and some exclamation points with my black pilot pen. The stamped sentiment comes from a set by Stamps of Life and so I added the sentiment onto a separate piece of debossed paper and adhered it to a piece of gold scalloped trim. Love how it looks! Since I had the little pop of black in the sentiment, I wanted to balance it out with the top of the card so I decided to do a little doodling and added in some whimsical lines and dots. Overall, I like how this card turned out! Here are a couple more photos.

  
   

Well that is my card today! I hope that I have inspired you to make some beautiful projects or cards using something that you love! If you would like to grab this beautiful Miss Lilly Mermaid Stamp, you can pick it up here

And just a friendly reminder, ♥Jo's Scrap Shack♥ hosts weekly Funday Friday challenges every Friday, always anything goes so today starts up a new one! Also LBBS is a huge sponsor of these challenges so make sure to subscribe so that you don't miss any of the challenges and have a chance at winning some of these beautiful stamps that Olga carries in her shop!

Thank you for stopping by today and have a blessed day!
Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings!
♥Jo

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. It's really beautiful, Jo! I love all the pretty sparkle and texture. Such an adorable image too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just beautiful!! You colored her beautifully!! I love the fun textures!!
    Awesome job my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Jo, this is so sweet! I love the fun colors and pretty shimmer! Fantastic job on this:)
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how CUTE! What a wonderful card! LOVE the details on the mermaid... she sparkles & Shines just like you! Have a great day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

Little Blue Button Stamps 2013-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Follow on Bloglovin